Data Protection Policy
Aliqua Events Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions for Delegate Registration, Speaker Services Agreement and Terms and Conditions of Sponsorship) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You are deemed to accept and consent to the practices described in this policy when you do any of the following:
- visit our website
- enquire about or attend our events as a delegate, sponsor or speaker
- deal with us in your capacity as the provider of goods or services
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Aliqua Events Limited of 9A Mount Street, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 9DB. Aliqua Events Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA084047).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.aliquaevents.co.uk (“our site”), during attendance at our events or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you register to use our site, reserve places to attend our events as delegate or sponsor, agree to work with us as a speaker, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions which we may run on our site from time to time or take part in any survey which we may run from time to time. The information you give us may include your name, address, place of work, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, information about your experience, training and qualifications and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); events you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with selected third parties (including, for example, business partners and advisors, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use by reading our Cookies Policy.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to compile and provide delegates, speakers and sponsors attending our events with information about the event and other attendees in the form of an event compendium;
- to follow up with you post event in order to review and improve the events and event materials that we provide;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you, or permit relevant third parties associated with events you attend to provide you, with information we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we have already provided to you or which you have enquired about. If you are a new customer, and where we permit relevant third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration, booking or subscription form);
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other events we run;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to use interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about other events that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Delegates, speakers and sponsors attending or enquiring about our events.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Aliqua Events Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about delegates, speakers, sponsors and third party suppliers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Sponsorship Terms and Conditions, Speaker Services Agreement, Terms and Conditions for Delegate Attendance and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aliqua Events Limited, our delegates, sponsors, speakers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
We store your information on password protected computers, memory sticks and using secure cloud storage. Where data is held on paper files these are securely stored in our company premises.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07900 272585.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business partners, speakers and sponsors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.